Thanks to the previous calls, I received more than 100 answers to the survey in two weeks.
If not already done, you can still follow the survey. At this time, I can see few tendencies :
- People are mostly very satisfied with WebIOPi
- But most people complain about examples/tutorials/documentation
- About 50% people want a book
On short term, I will focus on documentation/wiki, code consistency, and improving existing features rather adding new features. I started to work on a new WebIOPi release and a book, both planned for spring.
Mobile application :
- about 50% people are willing to pay for a mobile application
- android phone is the most owned device, followed by android tablet, then ipad and iphone
On short/medium term, I’m considering an android application, then iOS.
- 75% people are ready for a kickstarter
- 50% people are willing to pay for special features
I may consider it on medium/long term, but I need to find out which new feature set could be paid or justify a kickstarter. Actually, donation program can replace it.
Thanks to 20 generous donators, I received on the last two weeks, twice the amount of the past year. Making few estimates based on the survey, with 80 people considering donate, if most of them really donate, I will be able to focus on WebIOPi during a week or two.
I froze my outgoing Paypal activity since november and I will use the accumulated balance in January to purchase new materials and spend time on WebIOPi.
Please make donation, it will really help improving WebIOPi.
Seeing the results, I decided to launch the WebIOPi Donator reward program. All 2013 donators will be rewarded following this rules :
- 10€ (15$) and more : Free WebIOPi Android or iOS App with early access (release tbd)
- 20€ (30$) and more : + Free WebIOPi eBook (Spring 2014)
- 50€ (75$) and more : + Personal support for your project
I’m really motivated, and want to bring something great, with less headaches for you.
Donate in Euro Donate in USD
I hope you will like this initiative, and you will continue to support me.